Friday, May 9, 2014

Remember two country music singers today

Today has been a somber day when thinking of two country music singers gone way too early in their lives.  Today marks the 25th anniversary of the day that Keith Whitley died.  I wrote an article on Examiner.com in regards to his impact even today.  I find myself singing his songs all the time.  One of my bucket list items is to make a trip over to Sandy Hook, Kentucky, and see the small town nestled in the mountains of eastern Kentucky.


Today I also found out that they finally announced a jury trial date for Chris Ferrell.  He is the guy that murdered Wayne Mills, one of my friends that was killed last November.  The jury trial date is set for November 17, 2014, almost a year since Wayne Mills was murdered.  I just hope for justice to be served and comfort for Wayne's wife and son.  It will be an interesting trial to watch.  Stay tune and I will post whenever I hear updates on the case.


Both Keith Whitley and Wayne Mills left this world way too soon.  I can only imagine the honky tonk up in heaven playing their songs.  If anything - keep the music and memories alive for future generations to know about these two great singer-songwriters.