Friday, April 11, 2014

Nashville News Roundup - Week Ending 4/11/2014

Loretta Lynn - Fist City
This past week has been a whirlwind and now we are winding down.  Here are a few headlines making their noise down on Music Row in Nashville.  Remember, you can hear little ole me on WFKY and WKFC on Friday mornings in the 9am hour with the Nashville News Roundup.

I've added to my vinyl collection with quite a few selections lately.  I think I want to recreate this cover with Loretta Lynn for Fist City album. 

Oh Dolly
Dolly Parton is set to appear on QVC for a one hour performance on Sunday, April 27th at 7PM.  She will be promoting her album, Blue Smoke, which will be out in stores in May.  The album features a collection of bluegrass and country music songs and is her first release since 2011.

He Doesn't Dance
As you recall earlier on a Nashville News Roundup, we recommended Lee Brice's "I Don't Dance."  Brice recently revealed that the song was written as a wedding gift to his wife Sara for their first dance.  The Knot website just picked the song for the wedding song of Rebekah Gregory and Pete Dimartino.  Rebekah and Pete are survivors of the Boston bombing of last year.

Concert Notes
Eric Church is bringing along Kentucky native Dwight Yoakam on a fall tour.  They will be stopping at the KFC Yum Center with Brothers Osborne and then with Halestorm at Rupp Arena.  Stay tune on when tickets will go on sale.

Handpicked Download of the Week: This week, I highly recommend fans of Justin Moore and Blake Shelton to take a listen to east Tennessee native Jesse Watson and his song "Crazy."  It is a heartache love song that has one of my favorite lines I've heard in a while: "The reason she can't stay, she don't know how. She ain't the kind to settle down.  She's not known for hanging around for too long."  With all the travels that I do, I'm always on the road.  I settled down before and it ended in divorce.  It will take someone amazing to make me settle down again.

Awesome Possum Fact of the Week: On this date in 1980, Cousin Emmy dies in Sherman Oaks, California. Born Cynthia May Carver in Lamb, Kentucky, she taught Grandpa Jones to play the banjo, and became a significant singer and bawdy comedian in concert and on radio from the 1920s to the 1950s