Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Country Cooking: Bacon and Tomato Dip Recipe

Bacon and Tomato Dip
I always love a good recipe and I thought I would share some of my favorites from time to time.  This Bacon & Tomato Dip is perfect for potlucks, or to snack on with some chips and crackers. For the tomatoes, I use the canned variety, but you can use 2 fresh tomatoes out the garden or the farmer's market.  I also use turkey bacon for less sodium.

Bacon and Tomato Dip Recipe

Ingredients
1 cup fat free sour cream
1 cup low fat mayonnaise
1 can diced tomatoes with tomato juice
4 slices of bacon, cooked crisp, & crumbled
1 teaspoon garlic powder

Instructions
1.) Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, bacon, and garlic powder.
2.) Add diced tomatoes and tomato juice until dip reaches desired consistency.
3.) Serve with crackers or tortilla chips.

Yields 16 - 2 tablespoon servings