Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Craig Wayne Boyd pays tribute to Wayne Mills on The Voice

Craig Wayne Boyd wearing Wayne Mills logo necklace - Photo from The Voice
Last night while watching The Voice, I saw my buddy Craig Wayne Boyd up on stage singing beautifully to George Strait's "You Look So Good In Love."  One thing that I did notice right off the bat was that he was wearing one of the necklaces with the Wayne Mills logo.  I couldn't help but think what a great tribute to another great friend.

I was taken back to 2010 when Craig Wayne Boyd hosted a concert in Nashville during fan fair, uhh, make that CMA Music Fest.  The show featured his friends that supported each other.  Among those were David Adam Byrnes, Brian Davis (who is opening for Brantley Gilbert and has had a few cuts on BG's albums), Lisa Torres, and Wayne Mills.  It was a good night among friends and some comical moments.  Needless to say, I'm glad that I was there.

This upcoming Sunday, November 23rd, marks the one year anniversary of Wayne Mills death.  He is dearly missed by friends and family.  Here is my tribute in his memory of some personal reflections spent with Wayne Mills.  

Find out more on Craig Wayne Boyd by checking out this blog entry and this interview I did several years ago.

Be sure to go to Itunes and download Craig Wayne Boyd's music - including this week's song as it counts towards votes.