Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Bringing the Honky Tonk to The Voice

I will be honest and say that I rarely watch any reality tv shows - well any tv for that matter.  Unless it is an interview, concert, or something music or car related.  Needless to say, finding out that a friend of mine would be featured on the NBC show "The Voice," I had to keep my eye out and watch it.  Several friends have tried out over the years, but this was the first time that someone made it to the tv portion of the blind auditions.

Craig Wayne Boyd appeared on The Voice last night to sing Travis Tritt and Marty Stuart's hit song, "The Whiskey Ain't Working Anymore."

I first met Craig Wayne Boyd back in 2009 via Jamey Johnson.  We kept in touch and I was fortunate to see him play several shows over the years.  We were also good friends with Wayne Mills who passed away last year.  One of my favorite memories was that Craig gathered Wayne Mills, David Adam Byrnes, Brian Davis, and more to do a showcase during fan fair one year.  By far one of the best times in Nashville that I've had with friends.

I had to dig back when I first did an interview article on Craig.  It's hard to believe it was back in 2011.  Here is a link to that article.   

One thing that has always stuck out is the fact that Craig Wayne Boyd has been the same humble person all of these years.  He has worked hard and I'll be happy to continue to support his music.  Be sure to check out his other music.  A personal favorite of mine has always been "Learning To Dance."

So it looks like I'll be watching The Voice as Craig Wayne Boyd teams up with Blake Shelton and hopefully put some real country music back into the scene.