Monday, September 15, 2014

Delta Rae - One to Watch

As you know, I am a big supporter of Farm Aid.  Coming from a farm family of several generations, I am always supportive of those that help farmers when in need.  This past weekend, Farm Aid happened down in North Carolina.  I was hoping to make it down there, but with the date changed to September instead of October, it was hard to get down there.  It is on my bucket list to see Farm Aid live in person.  One day I will go. One day.

Nevertheless, I did watch the concert on AXS TV (if you haven't already, go look up that channel - really good specials!).  In between the main acts, they show acts from earlier in the day.  I'm not sure why they didn't show Jamey Johnson, but I did see him at the end with Willie Nelson and everyone.

Among those acts was a band I never heard of until now - Delta Rae.  I was floored by the talent both vocally and instrumentation.  I was begging for more, but we were only given one song, "If I Loved You."  You can feel the sorrow and pain in the vocals. 

I instantly looked them up online and discovered they were from North Carolina.  Now how cool is that - they got to play on the same stage as Willie Nelson, John Mellencamp, Dave Matthews, Neil Young, and more - right there in their home state?

Go over to www.deltarae.com and check them out.  You can also download "If I Loved You" from their website and check out their tour dates.  Or head over to the wonderful world of Facebook and click like on their page.  You can also visit me on Facebook too.