Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Misty Rae Carson visits my hometown

Yesterday morning, I made a pit stop over to WKFC here in London, Kentucky, and got to see and meet Misty Rae Carson.  She was super sweet and talented songwriter originally from Texas, but now in Nashville. 
Misty Rae Carson and Jessica Blankenship at WKFC Studios in London, KY
Usually I'm very partial when it comes to cover songs, but she did an impressive soft version of Johnny Cash's Ring of Fire. 
She followed it up with her tune, "So Can I," which I think will be my handpicked download of the week during my Nashville News Roundup.
Be sure to check out her website over at www.mistyrae.com.  She is also on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and all those various social media networks.  Her latest EP is out now and can be bought online or at shows.