Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Kentucky native Sturgill Simpson releases new video

Sturgill Simpson has released another new video for his cover tune "The Promise" that was originally made famous by When In Rome.  As you know, I'm a huge fan of Sturgill, who is originally from Jackson, Kentucky...then made his way up to Versailles, Ky, on over to Utah before heading to Nashville.  Be sure to grab a copy of "Metamodern Sounds of Country Music" as well as "High Top Mountain."

Lyrics to The Promise as performed by Sturgill Simpson

If you need a friend
 
Don't look to a stranger
 
You know in the end, I'll always be there
 
But when you're in doubt
 
And when you're in danger
 
Take a look all around, and I'll be there
 

I'm sorry, but I'm just thinking of the right words to say 

I know they don't sound the way I planned them to be
 
But if you wait around a while, I'll make you fall for me 

I promise, I promise you I will
 

 
When your day is through
 
And so is your temper
 
You know what to do
 
I'm gonna always be there
 
Sometimes if I shout 

It's not what's intended 

These words just come out
 
With no gripe to bear





Like what you read? Be sure to check me out on Facebook Twitter.