Thursday, June 5, 2014

Alan Jackson 25th Anniversary Plans

This morning Alan Jackson announced that he is doing a major tour in 2015 for his 25th anniversary in country music.  The Country Music Hall of Fame will have a special Alan Jackson exhibit to open August 29th. They will also host the artist in residence program at the Country Music Hall of Fame on October 8 and October 22 at the Hall of Fame.

During the broadcast on his website, you could send out tweets and they would post them on the website, as well as there at the Country Music Hall of Fame.  Needless to say, I took advantage of it. You can see my tweetbombs on the screen behind Mike Duncan and the other guy. ;)




I have lost count how many times I've seen him in concert. From the KY State Fair to the Corbin Arena to Rupp Arena to a little all over.  I remember during "Where I Come From" they showed clips of around town and they had a clip of my ole truck with John Deere stickers all on the back rolling through Lexington. 

Out of all of the songs he's done, I have to say the tune that Erin Enderlin penned, "Monday Morning Church" is one of my favorites.  This is what country music is about.

Like what you read? Be sure to check me out on Facebook Twitter.