Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Emily West: A Rare Breed

Tonight I will watch America's Got Talent, something I haven't done in a long time.  I normally don't watch talent shows or tv that much for that matter.  The reason why I will watch is because Emily West will be performing.  I've always been a cheerleader for her musical talents after seeing her play a few years ago.  She is a rare breed of good talent.  Pure raw vocal and songwriting talent.  She isn't afraid to step out beyond the borders and sing from the heart.  Here are a few of my favorite songs of hers.  I really wish radio, the fans, and more would take notice of this wonderful talent.  We focus more of the whole "what is country music, bro-country, etc" and yet we don't highlight the true talents of music as a whole.

Blue Sky was written in regards to a situation her mom dealt with.  She would cut the song and have Keith Urban sing background vocals. Here she is on the Grand Ole Opry singing that song.

Annie Gonna Get a Brand New Gun is a sassy tune that is fun to hear live in concert.  Here is a video I found of her singing it:

And here is Emily West's Rocks In Your Shoes that debut back in 2009.
Good luck to Emily West and let's hope that she continues this musical journey to where it may lead her. Go follow her on Facebook at www.facebook.com/emilywest. And check out my facebook page as well over at www.facebook.com/kycountrymusic.

Like what you read? Be sure to check me out on Facebook Twitter.