Monday, March 24, 2014

Search for the perfect Derby Eve Party Outfit

The last two years, my college pal, Leslie, and I have covered the Unbridled Eve Derby Eve Gala event.  It is nerve wracking for me to try to find "the" perfect outfit for the evening for a red carpet event.  I've covered the Kentucky Music Hall of Fame Events and the Derby Eve events for several years now.  The main thing I have learned is that the key to a successful outfit is one that is stylish and comfortable.  You are standing for several hours as the celebrities walk down the red carpet.  You ask questions, take photos, chit chat with folks as you wait for the next celebrity to slowly make their way down the red carpet.  It can be fast pace and slow at times.

The joys of being a music journalist.  You also learn to be quick on your feet with some unique questions.  One year I made Steve Wariner and Eddie Montgomery cry during the KY Music Hall of Fame ceremonies as we got to talking about their families.  Powerful moments indeed.

For me, I'm very picky when it comes to choosing what to wear.  I'm not a skinny mini, and have curves.  I'm more comfortable in camo shirt and jeans, but I will tend to dress up when needed.  This year I'm hoping for something in green.  I've done black and red.  This year I wouldn't mind doing green. I refuse to wear strapless or spaghetti straps.  I don't do mini skirts or short dresses.  Long dress or nice shirt & dress pants would be fine.  You would THINK that would be easy to find.  Nope.  Everything is strapless, spaghetti straps, cupcake Taylor Swift teenager style, or just drastic style that I wouldn't even picture my friends wearing the dress.
 
So for now, you can check out my picks so far for cute outfits for Derby Eve Parties or for red carpet events by checking out my Pinterest Board.  Stay tune...hopefully I'll pick a dress soon!
 
If you like what you read, be sure to show some love by liking me on Facebook.