Thursday, October 24, 2013

Tune Up Thursday: Fifth on the Floor "What For"

Another new addition on my blog...Tune Up Thursday.  I thought it would be good to go "off the beaten path" by introducing songs that I personally enjoy.  You may or may not have heard them on radio.  However, there is something about that particular song that I have a desire to tell others about.  We always hear about people complain about the direction music is going at times, but your rarely hear folks say "hey, listen to this person/song."

This week's pick is Lexington, Kentucky, natives Fifth on the Floor.  If you know me, I've been a fan of their music for a while.  Glad to call them friends and always love to support what they do.  Back in February 2013, they had their album release party for "Ashes & Angels."  While standing there talking to a buddy, the band started playing the song "What For."  It stopped me in my tracks and I began to listen.  I bought the album and continued to play that song on repeat.  The song, written by Matty Rogers, talks about losing both grandparents and a brother and coping with the losses.  If you want a lesson on songwriting, this is a start.

You can download "What For" over at I-tunes, or perhaps head on over to www.fifthonthefloor.com and purchase the entire album, along with a tshirt or other assorted goodies.