Monday, August 29, 2011

Star of Tomorrow

Back a couple of years ago, I got to hear someone who was considered "new" at the time.  Relatively unknown to the world of music for the most part.  The first time I saw Jerrod Niemann play, I knew there was something unique and different about him.  That was in 2009 and over the years I couldn't be more proud of his success.  I should also thank him for introducing me to one of my dear friends at a gig he was playing at the Tin Roof in Lexington, Kentucky.  The photo here is when Jerrod Niemann played at the Ryman Auditorium with Jamey Johnson, Randy Houser, and more.  It was a rowdy show, but a good one nevertheless.  I landed front row seats by the luck and grace of God.  This photo actually ended up being used as Jerrod's publicity photos as he was going out on tour and for newspaper articles.  It was indeed an honor to have that photo of mine being used for that.  This Sunday he will be coming to Winchester, Kentucky for the Daniel Boone Festival.  Talk bout coming a long way from just playing to a handful of folks at the Tin Roof and opening shows for Jamey Johnson.  Needless to say, I'm very much happy for his success now and years to come!